Monday, May 2, 2011

Lord, HELP!

I wonder if, like me, there are times - days, weeks or even months when all that comes (to your mind and) out of your mouth is:
Lord, HELP!
For me, sometimes it sounds like a yelp (i.e short, sharp cry)...which must be why this simple prayer struck me:
"Show me the path where I should go.
O Lord point out the right road for me to walk."

It is short and straight to the point - almost like an SOS. Sometimes (or shall I say, most times) there are so many options and paths we can take to accomplish a set goal - and the different people around us including our husbands have their ideas (& suggestions, not to mention directives/instructions) on which path we should take. It almost seems as if no one understands (or cares about) your internal tussle - especially when you have competing passions and you do not have clarity on the next step to take while everyone else seems to have seen the next 10 steps and are convinced that the Lord said: "go this way", "do this" or "do it this way"...

At such times, it is wonderful to be able to say: "Lord, help!"
and know that "Our help is in the name of the LORD"*
and that He is faithful to show up and help us.
Reference:
*Psalm 124:8a - NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment