Monday, December 19, 2011

"Pastor Treatment"

Sometime ago I was thinking about how the prophetic words of my pastor have come to pass in my life over and over again. For me it is a great privilege to see the word of God come to life in my life and of course the life of others. The Bible clearly advises: "Believe in the LORD your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper."
(2 Chron 20:20 - NKJV)

Each time the word of the Lord from my pastor's mouth comes to pass it's a reaffirmation that he is indeed the servant of God and I must continue to God in his life - and of course honor him. I then started asking myself if I give my husband the same kind of honor and treatment as I give to my pastor who I look up to. To be clear, my husband is my pastor and too often those lines get blurred as it should be - or should they? I'm not really sure if they should or shouldn't so I'll let you decide as you read on...

In thinking about whether the line between "Husband" and "Pastor" should be blurred or not, it saddens me to see how some Mrs. Pastors treat their husbands especially when contrasted to how they treat other pastors. I like reminding myself that God never said a woman should be subject to any man - He never did. God, as usual, chose His words carefully - through Apostle Paul, He said:
"Wives, be subject (be submissive and adapt yourselves) to your own husbands as [a service] to the Lord. (Eph 5:22 - Amplified)
I can't help but wonder if there are some of us Mrs. Pastors who only treat our husbands "well" because they are pastors i.e. Pastor treatment. Now, I will not discourage you if you're one of such Mrs. Pastors I'd rather encourage you to treat your husband extremely very well because he's your husband.

I cannot use enough superlatives or overemphasize this because it's all about the unique position he has (& should rightfully have) in your heart and life. He is husband to only one favoured woman - you; while he is pastor to so many. So while you need to, and actually have to, share your pastor-husband with others...as he conducts his pastoral duties, you should treat him so well that he will never be tempted to share his husband duties and/or devotion with anyone else because that's one "treatment" that you have exclusive right to and must hold on to.

So let's focus on the "Husband treatment" that only we should, and must, provide to our own husbands...there are others who provide the "Pastor treatment." While "Pastor treatment" is nice - I benefit from it sometimes - our husbands should always be more desirous of "Husband treatment" and it's in our hands and hearts to make that a reality. Join me to say "so help me God." Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment