Monday, March 19, 2012

How would you respond...

..if you receive a PDA?
Well, I know that for any gift I'd be overjoyed...and possibly glow for some time. A PDA?! Now that's a wonderful gift - that speaks volumes to me and others - especially if it's from my husband. As I type, a smile comes on my face as I remember my reaction, ok reponse, the first time my husband gave me a PDA.

First of all, I wondered why and then came to appreciate it with time. I can only imagine what is going through your mind - not to mention the burning question:
"What's the big deal about a PDA in this hyper-digital age?"

Like you, I also know that PDA stands for "Personal Digital Assistant" which is a computer that fits in one’s hand. Well, here I'm referring to the cosy PDA that fits nicely into one's heart - Public Display of Affection.

Did I just catch you smile? Or did you just blush? I'll give us a moment to regain colour and composure.Yes, this is all about the "i-touch"...more digital lingo.

It is a fact that so much has been written about how women are emotional beings...We thrive in emotions - who doesn't? With all we do, we desire (well, I do) a show of appreciation - and some affection wouldn't hurt. I agree with you (because I know) that there are some things are definitely not for the "roof-top." Besides those, there are the simple hand-holding, shoulder snuggle and of course "kind" kiss that qualify for PDA. Being careful not to provide the "License to Operate" (or is it even "License to Oppress"), the whole point is we should learn to appreciate each other in private and even in public as appropriate.

So back to where we started:
How would you respond if you receive a PDA - from your husband?

If it will be a dream come true, have you ever talked to your husband about it? The best marriages have regular communication (not confrontation)...

No comments:

Post a Comment