Monday, July 1, 2019

Career or Calling?

Recently I was thinking about myself and cast my mind back to how some people react when they know my husband is a pastor. Some people say: "Oh that's why you are like that at work."

See the source imageOn the flip side, when some people get to know about my career - more like my profession cum job, they say:
"Oh that's why you are like that at church/in ministry."

So when it crossed my mind, I couldn't but ask myself the "chicken or egg" question. Specifically, "Is the way I show up in church due to my career or is the way I show up at work (career) based on my "calling"*?"

The more I thought about it, it became obvious that I am who I am first and only because I'm a Christian and hence everything is (and has to be) derived from and driven by Christian character.

Our character is and has to be at the core of how we show up wherever we are...and it has to be consistent. We should never have multiple versions of ourselves - well you know what that is called (DID**). Our God is the same yesterday, today and forever so the least we can do and be is the same person any and everywhere we are today...and everyday of our lives.


References:
*Despite what some people like to believe or say, it's a calling for every Mrs Pastor because the 2 of you become 1 once married; once your husband answers the call...you are called too.

** DID - Dissociative Identity Disorder previously referred to as Multiple Personality Disorder

No comments:

Post a Comment