Monday, August 22, 2011

"I'd love to help you, but...

...I need help myself."
What?!!! Did I just say that?
Is Mrs. Pastor allowed to say that?
Aloud or even at all ?

Those were the questions that came to my mind when I was pondering on what my response would be if someone came to me for help at a time that I was in dire need of help myself. I asked myself, am I and all those who are Mrs. Pastor expected to always hold up their own and set their face as a flint irrespective of the situations they are facing?

The more I think about it, and from personal experience, I believe that there is nothing wrong with acknowledging that you need help - when you really do as against as an attention-seeking ploy - and it is not about throwing a "pity party."

If and when you need help, you demonstrate your humanity and humilty by asking for help. Now that is not a reason to turn down someone who needs your help because a lot of times you draw strength from helping others and sometimes you find your own solution in or while helping others. In other words:
"Blessed are the helpful, for they will be helped."

We must never be afraid or too proud to reach out for help. It may sound like a paradox but, you never know who you can (and actually) help by asking for help. So this doesn't come across the wrong way, you do not need to have a "HELP" sign with you wherever you go.

You just need to be wise and courageous enough to ask - when you need help. A strong woman is one who knows and acknowledges her weak points - knowing that God's strength is perfected in her weakness. Permit me to add -this is one of the qualities every Mrs. Pastor should desire to (and actually) have.

Use the "Help" button......if and when you need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment