Monday, October 31, 2011

The Waiting list

On the last day of May, we talked about how we must learn to be flexible. Previously, I used to be upset about having to be so flexible as to put off things that I deemed important but now I've taught myself to find a way to strike a happy balance - to "flow" when I have to and be firm when I just have to be. To do that, I just need to distinguish between what to put on my "To do" list and what to put on my "Waiting list" and what to move from one list to the other. The point is not to put off things till "someday" - an unknown yet very wise person said: "Someday is not a day of the week." The other thing about the "Waiting list" is to realise the truth in the Spanish proverb:
Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.

If you are not careful with your tomorrow, you'll get there to find out that you are swamped - again. So I'm working on remaining set in my ways to be flexible and not swamping or overstretching myself with my "Waiting list" of basically things that I know I have to do sometime...
eventually.

The fall-out of having a Waiting list is too many things get deferred e.g. organizing personal space or decluttering. For that, there's help: "The two rules of procrastination:
1) Do it today.
2) Tomorrow will be today tomorrow."
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment