Monday, August 5, 2013

Know to show?

A lot of people believe that they need to "show (off)" what they know - especially in church. I find that some people just go on and on speaking "Christian-ese" with so much ease or are just full of spiritual principles without supporting practice. I'm always saddened and amused but sometimes can't say how I feel about it since it could sound "judgmental" coming from Mrs Pastor.

 
However, when I do have the opportunity to "speak up," I challenge others (& myself) to "show" what they know by going. I like the way this picture puts it. When you truly know something, you should grow then take a step further and go out to share what you know with others.   
 
I don't know about you, but I've found out that when I go and share what I know - it becomes part of me faster - then I grow and consequently know more and the cycle continues. So there's really no space, time or need to "show-off" - it's about meeting the needs of those around you - also known as ministry.  
 
Peter F. Drucker a well-known management consultant, educator and author said: “No one learns as much about a subject as one who is forced to teach it.”  
 
The challenge then is how should Mrs Pastor "show" what she knows as a result of living the know-grow-go life without it's being misconstrued as showing off?
 
I've decided to stay on my "know-grow-go" path and let others watch and learn - if they ask then I'll speak-up... It would be great to know what you think Mrs Pastors should do - people always "know" what Mrs Pastor should do :) Feel free to share your thoughts - we want to know, grow and keep going...
 ...to God's glory
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment