Monday, December 16, 2013

Precious presents

Christmas is the Season of giving. With ~10 days to Christmas Day and people already exchanging gifts (presents), I'm sure it's obvious that there are presents & there are presents. There are expensive presents & there are precious presents. For instance, Jesus is both an expensive and precious presents... My family and I have also been blessed to received both types - I'll focus on an example of a precious one today...

This is unlike me, but I've been constrained to share this with you - so I must.

Yesterday was my first day back in church after a few weeks away. Indeed, it was wonderful to be back in church...oh the beauty and joy of the presence of God...

As I enjoyed God's presence and thanked Him for His present of the present (to me), He reminded me of all the other pleasant presents I got. Not only did I enjoy the presence of and presents from people, I truly felt the impact and appreciated the people who took the time to pray for me when they were in God's presence.

It can hurt when you think that people should care enough for each other in church - including Mrs Pastor & Pastor - and look out for them rather than expect Pastor and Mrs to be the ones always looking out for them. However, knowing that people are praying for you is such a wonderful feeling.

Just like the quotes in the pictures above say, and as I know from experience, prayers are the most precious presents you can give others. Some people are not able to come to your presence (i.e. visit) with or without presents but the fact that you are present (on their minds) and presented when they are in God's presence, is a present each one of us should desire and appreciate (puns intended).

This is another area where God has made an amazing provision for us. Everyone can "afford" prayer - everyone can afford to pray...it has nothing to do with our status. May we continually give and receive these precious presents of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment