Monday, May 19, 2014

Help - meet

I was just going through this blog and noticed that I started this post but got only as far as the title. It's true what they say about the challenge of blank page. As I stared at the blank page, it stared back at me; so I started wondering what I was thinking about when I wrote the title.

As I kept staring at the title, it hit me that this "title" is made up of 2 words and each matter separately in our role as wives - especially  as Mrs Pastor. Let me break it down...


Help - expanded to "Helping hands and hearts"

Meet - led me to "Meeting of minds"

As I typed this, the Holy Spirit reminded me of Amos 3:3 which says,
Do two people walk hand in hand if they aren’t going to the same place?*
Can two people walk together without agreeing on the direction?**
One thing I have learned, from experience, in ministry is: it's so much easier to walk and work with my husband in the same direction when there's a meeting of our minds - whicuh is often. It does take grace for our minds to meet & grease for my hands to help accomplish God's will.

God obviously wanted me to get what He means by that term because I was privileged to spend a weekend with some amazing ladies 2 months ago. In deed, iron sharpens iron. I like how these versions put that verse:

Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend 
[to show rage or worthy purpose].***

As iron sharpens iron, so people can improve each other [sharpen their friends]. ****

As I pondered on our conversations, the term "help-meet" and this post kept coming to mind. Then when I read pages 111-120 of my current book: "The Life-Ready Woman" the next day, it all came together. The conversations with my fellow Mrs Pastors truly sharpened me and brought me to a point where I determined to truly be and remain an effective "help-meet."

As wives, and especially Mrs Pastor,  we all have the choice to be a help-meet or a "help-beat" to our husbands. Those we surround ourselves with will definitely sharpen us - yes, to be an effective help-meet or a destructive "help-beat." We play a very pivotal role in helping our dear husbands meet God's desire and will for the world through the ministry He's placed in their (and our) hands. We must never "help" the devil "beat" our husbands down. The truth is God can accomplish His purpose without us but He'd like us to be part of it - and it's to ou benefit (blessing) when our minds meet with God's will and our hands and hearts help our husbands.

As the Lord gives me grace and the release, I'll share more about the "help-beat." God bless.

References:
* Message
** NLT
*** Prov 27:17 - Amplified and Expanded Bible respectively

No comments:

Post a Comment