Monday, March 30, 2015

It is finished...


When Jesus made that statement in John 19:30, He was serious about it.

Jesus already died for the church - you don't need to... Yes, no need to.

It grieves me when I see Pastors who seem to want to "give it all" for the church at the expense of their families. I won't give this topic rest because it's affecting a number of Mrs. Pastors in more ways than some of them are willing or even able to share freely or fully.

I do thank God that my husband has proper balance and perspective on these things but that won't make me complacent and not compassionate towards those who have the challenge.

In her book "I'm more than the Pastor's wife: Authentic living in a Fishbowl world" (which is one of my favourite books), Lorna Dobson said "If a man burns out and loses his family, someone else will step into the pulpit and the work will go on."* I recommend this book for Pastors too.

As I was saying, Jesus said "It is finished" not "I am finished" when He paid the ultimate price for His body. I pray that no pastor will ever have to say "It is finished and I am finished" concerning their marriage, family and/or ministry - in that order.

As we head into the Easter weekend, which is a very busy one for the pastorate and members, Pastors and Mrs. Pastors, please ensure that you have time for your family. Happy Easter!

Reference:
* Page 127; I'm more than the Pastor's wife: Authentic living in a Fishbowl world

No comments:

Post a Comment