Monday, April 6, 2015

Point of correction: You're not "just the Pastor's wife"

You're the Just Pastor's wife.


Late last year, an interesting play of words flickered in my mind - and I cannot remember the circumstance. I guess my creativity doesn't need a circumstance to come forth - yes it doesn't.

As I was saying, I was imagining a Mrs. Pastor (or more) saying, "I'm just the Pastor's wife."
It maybe a way of indicating how "insignificant" people make her feel - or she lets herself feel. I then said to myself that the right thing to say is: "I am the Just Pastor's wife." I agree it may sound arrogant however, the trust is that if you live by faith then you are justified in calling yourself "just" (pun intended). In fact, it's scriptural - the Bible says so 4 times:

“Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith.*

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written,
“The just shall live by faith.”**

But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident,
for “the just shall live by faith.”***

 Now the just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.”****

So you're not "just" the Pastor's wife - you're the Just Pastor's Wife and your walking in faith must be evident. I know we are always told that being Mrs. Pastor is an "exalted position" - and it is especially with people watching your every move. However, we must never let it get to our heads....the secret is being/remaining "The Just Pastor's wife" is in remaining humble.

References:
* Habakkuk 2:4 - NKJV
** Romans 1:17 - NKJV
*** Galatians 3:11 - NKJV
**** Hebrews 10:38 - NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment