Monday, May 4, 2015

ln His Presence

One of my favourite verses is: Psalm 16:11 ~ You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. (Amplified)

As I meditated on the verse, this song also dropped in my heart:
In the Presence of Jehovah
God Almighty, Prince of Peace
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended
In the presence of the King*


Then the question I asked myself was: "What happens in your (my) presence?"

As daughters of the King, people should and actually must always leave our "presence" better than they came. Yes we're not God but we have to resemble our Father. We'll soon celebrate Mothers' Day in North America and many other parts of the world. One thing I know about mothers - even from my short and very blessed experience with mine - is that they (we) have a way of making things "better." Maybe it's the reassuring way they say "Don't worry about it - everything will turn out fine" or even the kiss on your "boo-boo" that's makes things better. 
For me, it's interesting when my children wait till they see me to tell me about a paper cut or something else. When I ask, "Did you tell your Daddy?", the "No" response comes with a "was I supposed to?" tone. Well, what can I do? I simply smile, recommend then apply Mum's "presence" & love to it.
 
One thing is sure, a Mother's presence (& a Father's too) has a way of making things better. In other words, you know one person who's "got your back." Indeed: "It's so good to know that wherever you are, a Mom is with you in spirit and in love."**
 
Making the link: I know that some people see Mrs. Pastor as the "Mother" of the church and some don't. Neither opinion changes your position i.e. the fact that as the Pastor's wife, we have a joint responsibility with our husbands to co-pastor and oversee those in our "care."

Therefore, people should leave your "presence" better. One of the ways to determine if that will be accomplished is by whose Presence you take the situation to. Personally, I've found that the best way is to pray, rather than worry, on other's behalf. 

My prayer is that as we spend quality time in His Presence, it will translate to quality-time for others who spend time with us.  May our "presence" also give joy and pleasure. AMEN.


Sources:
*Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
** Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment