Monday, May 18, 2015

Ministry made easy

I don't know about you but I have a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset. I'm always looking for a better and hopefully easier, more efficient and effective way of doing things. The way I see it, life is already filled with stress so why add to it? Jesus even told us that each day already has enough trouble in it.* The great thing about having a CI mindset, is that you're always on the hunt for hints, tips, nuggets to make your life better. So you can only imagine my delight when I found some nuggets in the book of Numbers. I remember almost feeling "numb" each time I had to read the book of Numbers when I was a younger Christian. BTW, I'm still young.

Let's read these 3 verses together:

26 Two of the elders, Eldad and Medad, did not go out to the Tent. Their names were on the list of elders, but they stayed in camp. But the Spirit also came on them, and they began prophesying in camp. 27 A young man ran and told Moses. The man said, “Eldad and Medad are prophesying in camp.” 28 Joshua son of Nun said to Moses, “Moses, sir, you must stop them!” (Joshua had been Moses’ helper since Joshua was a boy.) 29 But Moses answered, “Are you afraid the people will think that I am not the leader now? I wish that all the Lord’s people were able to prophesy. I wish that the Lord would put his Spirit on all of them!”**

"What a wish to want!" was all that went through my mind and then I wondered how many Pastors would also wish and even further to pray for this in their churches. Now I'm not asking Pastors to pray themselves out of Ministry however, imagine how much "easier" and enjoyable Ministry would be if every Christian had a full dose of the Spirit of God? We can then focus your efforts on outreaches to the lost - rather than spending that time trying to get "Christians" to know and believe God and live in that knowledge.

God has made His wish for all of us who are His children, not just for Pastor and Mrs. Pastor, very clear in various parts of the Bible - these 2 come to mind. In fact, they are promises.

28 “After this, I will pour out my Spirit on all kinds of people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will have dreams, and your young men will see visions. 29 In those days I will pour out my Spirit even on servants, both men and women.***

People will not have to teach their neighbors and relatives to know the Lord, because all people, from the least important to the most important, will know me.” This message is from the Lord. “I will forgive them for the evil things they did. I will not remember their sins.”****

In the first passage we read, the fact that Eldad and Medad didn't got to where they should have been didn't prevent the Spirit of God from descending upon them. Moses was obviously not bothered or threatened by it. Therefore, we must also be as humble as Moses was.
Bottom line:
One prayer we should all pray fervently is for these scriptures to be fulfilled in our ministries.

As we all pray, I say "AMEN" so you can enjoy Ministry made easy by the Spirit of God.

Remember:
“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘You will not succeed by your own strength or by your own power [Not by might, nor by power], but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord All-Powerful [Almighty; of Heaven’s Armies; of hosts].*****

References:
* Matthew 6:34 ~ So don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will have its own worries [or worry about/take care of itself]. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (EXB)
** Numbers 11:26-29 - Easy to Read Version
*** Joel 2: 28-29 - Easy to Read Version
**** Jeremiah 31:34 - Easy to Read Version
***** Zechariah 4:6 - Expanded Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment