Monday, June 6, 2016

No questions?

Yes that was my questioning thought too when I read this passage:



Mark 1: 16 - 18 - 16Passing along the beach of Lake Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew net-fishing. Fishing was their regular work. 17 Jesus said to them, “Come with me. I’ll make a new kind of fisherman out of you. I’ll show you how to catch men and women instead of perch and bass.” 18 They didn’t ask questions. They dropped their nets and followed. (MSG)


When I read this I had to ask myself "No questions asked? Really?" Then went on to ask myself if I could have such an attitude and also wondered how so many of us Christians have that attitude. 
God blessed each of us with the ability to think and question things however, I've come to learn that there is a time for everything. From personal experience, I've found that there are times we must obey our Pastor and/or Pastor's wife without questions - and we're blessed for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment