Monday, June 4, 2018

But why?

As you already know, I enjoy people-watching now and again.

A few weeks ago, I was walking between buildings and noticed a lady pulling down her skirt. The only 2 words that popped in my head were:
"But why?"
Although I like pictures, I will not add a picture here so no one misconstrues this as approval.

Back to the topic...



I sincerely cannot understand why anyone would spend their time and money buying an outfit that they need to keep pulling down (skirt/dress) or up (low-waist bottoms or low necklines). From all I know about exercise, which is not very much, the constant pulling down or up does not help build muscles or abs. Personally I find it disgusting and distracting.

Having said that, I don't have an "issue" with ladies in the world dressing like ladies in the world - that's what they are expected to do...they don't know any better. My issue is with ladies who come to church and more so those who say that they are Christians. I know that they may have been recently saved and come to church wearing what they have. There is nothing wrong with that because Jesus expects us to come to Him as we are...but not to stay as we are.

Hence I cannot help but wonder:
What are we teaching in church? 
and
What examples are we allowing in church?

I recognize that I may be stepping on thin ice here but I will take that calculated risk and choose to continue. I'm a Mrs. Pastor myself so I need to hold myself accountable here too.

So what are we teaching in church? How do you and I react/respond when we see someone inappropriately dressed? Personally, I have offered ladies a scarf/shawl if I notice that their skirt/dress is too short or trouser/pant waist-line too low. In fact, I continue to carry safety pins in my purse - as my mother of blessed memory taught me - just in case someone's neck line needs some "help." I have also noticed the space in between buttons on blouses needs "help".  

Switching gears: How do we ourselves dress? Are we modest? Do we cover the parts of our body that should not be revealed to anyone besides to our husbands in our bedroom?

I encourage us to step us and help ladies within our spheres of influence to be appropriately dressed everyday of the week - not just on Sundays. Thank you so much for all you do...

No comments:

Post a Comment