Monday, June 13, 2011

I have a Father....

This coming weekend, we'll join the world to celebrate to celebrate Father's Day. You know, the best thing about being a Christian is that the Almighty God is our Father.

The Bible has so much to say about what a wonderful and faithful Father we have. So I was curious to see what others think about their fathers - or shall I say "Dads" as we call them these days... then I found this lovely poem written by the popular "Author unknown"
A Dad is a person
who is loving and kind,
And often he knows
what you have on your mind.
(Our Heavenly Father always knows what's on our minds) 

He's someone who listens,
suggests, and defends
A dad can be one
of your very best friends!

He's proud of your triumphs
but when things go wrong
A dad can be patient
and helpful and strong.

In all that you do,
a dad's love plays a part
There's always a place for him
deep in your heart.

And each year that passes
you're even more glad,
More grateful and proud
just to call him your dad!

Thank you, Dad .
for listening and caring
for giving and sharing
but, especially, for just being you! Happy Father's Day

When I finished reading it, all I could think was God does all this and even more for me - He never sleeps or slumbers... watching over and watching out for me - for us all. Even when I am faithless Him, He remains faithful (2 Tim 2:13*). I cannot thank Him enough for all He does - time would fail if I were to recount. I thank Him as much for all that He cannot do - He does not have the ability to lie, change or fail. What more can I ask from a Dad? 

While I am privileged to call God "Dad", I pray I can give Him pleasure so He calls me "Daughter" - I pray we all can...

Besides wishing our Heavenly Father a "Happy Father's Day"** - as we continue to make Him happy, let's take a moment to celebrate all the men in our lives. Young or old, they are either Fathers or Fathers-to-be. Join me to wish them a "Happy Father's Day"...and let's do something to make them happy too.

While you're at it, give yourself a treat and have a "Happy Daughter's Day" - you're a daughter of the Most High. Remember, this is the day our Dad has made, rejoice and be glad in it -
that goes for everyday too... 
God bless

Footnotes:
*2 Timothy 2:13 - If we are faithless [do not believe and are untrue to Him], He remains true (faithful to His Word and His righteous character), for He cannot deny Himself. (Amplified)
**3rd Sunday in June is Father's Day; this year it fall on June 19, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment