Monday, June 27, 2011

Living PIP

Earlier in the year, I heard a message and this topic popped in my mind:
 "Living PIP."

As we all know, a pip is the seed of fruit. Without a pip, so many fruits will not "reproduce" and they'd be exitinct - think about that...

Imagine not finding a particular fruit just because it lacked a living pip...the seed within it didn't reproduce as God intended from the Beginning.

Imagine life without oranges - those juicy, sweet oranges and other "pip-ful" fruits that we enjoy? Let's skip that...I don't want to imagine that either.

As I was saying, earlier this year, I heard a message which inspired this topic. The pastor kept stressing the importance of living purposefully, intentionally and productively => hence "living PIP" for me. 

Sounds like a great acronym but may not count for much as yet. Let's dig into it some more and "get the juice out" as we look at the meaning of each word...

Purposeful means:
determined: showing a clear determination
having goal: having a definite purpose or aim
Intentional means: deliberate: done on purpose, not by accident

Productive means:
producing much: producing something abundantly and efficiently
worthwhile: producing satisfactory or useful results
producing something: producing or able to produce something

Not sure about you but I find there are times I do things "just because..." For instance, it could be just because that is what I hear or have seen other Pastors' wives do or what I feel people expect of me - now  that can be a challenge! Are you telling me? That's the reason why the 2nd definition of "productive" sticks - there is really no point in producing much of something if it is not worthwhile...

I've decided that to be living PIP, I must have a reason for everything I do - even if my reason is "that's what God said" and of course expect result. All the results may not be to my benefit...however, they must bless someone to be worthwhile.

Living PIP - Purposefully, Intentionally and Productively - essentially means that we live with purpose (purposefully) on purpose (purposely) and produce results (productively)! Like they say: "if (indeed when) life hands you lemons - make lemonade"**** 

If you're not living PIP, you'll never accomplish your God-designed purpose in life. Let the oranges, lemons or anything you find in your hands fulfill their purpose - bless you and others.

Live PIP...we're just midway through the year - it's not too late to start. God bless.

Sources:
*http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?lextype=3&search=purposefully
**http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?lextype=3&search=intentionally
***http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?lextype=3&search=productively
***Attributed to Dale Carnegie

No comments:

Post a Comment