Monday, January 9, 2012

Here to help...

Early one morning, I noticed my husband had quite a bit of stuff to do to be ready for service and had other pressing deadlines so I casually asked him:
"Is there anything I can help you with?"
  
Later on, I was pondering on  reaching out to help him and it clicked again that: I'm really "here to help" hence this topic. In being created to be a helpmeet* to our husbands, it means that as Mrs Pastor we must be doing any and everything to help our husbands. Yes - I mean any and everything...and the reason is simple - at least in my mind. So let me explain...

When we help our husbands, we help ourselves. With all we have to (or want to) do - and the list is endless - the last thing we need is to be forced to do something that we really don't want to. I don't like being forced to do anything.

The areas where we can help range from helping them as they get dressed to helping and encouraging them so they don't get depressed.

Two pieces on "Help"** come to mind here. I was talking to another Mrs Pastor some months ago and we were discussing how "funny" it is that people expect Pastor (& Mrs Pastor sometimes) to always to available to help them and pray for them always. So the question is: "Who is praying for Pastor & Mrs. Pastor?" This is one more reason why you and your husband must be fully committed to each other and help one another.

We must help them not just in the place of prayer but in other places in Ministry. Please realize that the "help" could include saying "No" without feeling guilty - more than once and to different people and sometimes to your husband - as led. Yes, there are times when we need to be there to help our husbands say "No."

You, dear Mrs. Pastor, are there to help...in more ways than one. As this year starts, let's rise up to the "Helpmeet" ministry right beside our dear husbands.

Happy New Year! Wishing you and your husband a wonderful year ahead.

References:
*Gen 2:18 "Now the Lord God said, It is not good (sufficient, satisfactory) that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper meet (suitable, adapted, complementary) for him." (Amplified)
**http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.com/2011/05/lord-help.html
http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.com/2011/08/id-love-to-help-you-but.html

No comments:

Post a Comment