Monday, February 13, 2012

What should you do for the church?

When writing the "What do you do in church?"* piece, I started asking myself:
"Besides what you do in church, what should you do for the church?"
I know it's not the easiest question to answer because a cart-load of answers ran through to my mind as I asked the question...and then I settled on one - which for me is the most important one. If I may rephrase one of my favourite quotes**:
The most important thing that Mrs. Pastor can do for the church is 
love their Pastor.

Besides that being the best thing you can do for yourself and you family, imagine how much more blessed the entire church is when Mrs. Pastor & Pastor have and also demonstrate true and unconditional love for each other. I can imagine what is going through the minds of those who celebrate St Valentine's day - you may want to douse your husband with love and gifts tomorrow. 

Now, there is nothing wrong with those "I love my husband" gifts and cards - I like them too. The only thing I find wrong is where these things only come up once a year or max 3 times a year which then includes their birthdays and Christmastime. I believe (& know) that every and any time is a good time to give to your husband - it could be an article or attitude wrapped with love. It doesn't need to be expensive to be valued, it just needs to be sincere and that is valuable...

So please don't go buying cards and gifts because this Mrs. Pastor said that what she does - do it because you truly love your husband. Give him more than "Pastor Treatment"***...give him SPA (Sole Precious Attention).

References:
*http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-do-you-do-in-church.html
**The most important thing that a father can do for his children is to love their mother. ~ Theodore M. Hesburgh
***http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.com/2011/12/pastor-treatment.html

No comments:

Post a Comment