Monday, April 16, 2012

Make a Dent!

Like me, you may wonder where I'd have come up with this such a topic from.

Ecclesiastes 7:2 says:
You learn more at a funeral than at a feast— After all, that's where we'll end up. We might discover something from it. (The Message)
That verse should give you a hint of where the topic came from. Yes, last month I attended a funeral - one of the most difficult I've attended so far. It was sad for many reasons especially as she was a Mrs. Pastor. A Mrs. Pastor with a difference.

I didn't know her while she was alive but the testimonies were so loud that like they say "the deaf would hear." She made a difference - a postive dent - in the lives of all those she came in contact with. During the church service, I couldn't help but wonder what people will say at my funeral which I know is not soon (BGG).

As I pondered on that, this topic dropped in my heart. I considered changing it to the buzz "make a difference" and the Holy Spirit kept insisting i.e. impressing it up my heart that the right word was "dent." Oh now I see why...the word "impress" just pulled it together for me.

The word "impress" is about making a mark - like a dent...it is evident an undeniable. Impress means to press and mark by pressure and produce a vivid image (or impression) and it also means to affect strongly, often favorably.* Without a shadow of doubt, that's exactly what and all that God expects us to do. He wants to be impressed by the impressions (& positive dents) we make here on earth and say to us:
 "Well done, you good and faithful servant."**

Those are the 7 words I desire to hear spoken to me at the end of time...
Amen!

References:
*http://www.thefreedictionary.com/impress
**Matthew 25: 21 & 23

No comments:

Post a Comment