Monday, July 9, 2012

A, B, C...

These pieces of advice from some Mrs. Pastors truly resonated with me...
Amy Goen has been a Mrs. Pastor for about 2 decades, on the subject of "Authenticity" she advises: “Don't be afraid to show the real you to the congregation, complete with flaws. It shows that you're human and someone they can relate to.”* Humility and humanity always wins.
Beverly Hild has been married for almost 30 years and she said this about: “Being supportive” to our husbands. "I've learned that my husband does not need me to play the devil's advocate in difficult situations; he has enough of those. I try not to give him advice unless he asks for it. He needs me to listen to him and trust his judgment."*
Jani Ortland, a Mrs. Pastor, has an insightful perspective on being the direct "Channel of Favour." "You are one of the main vehicles God uses to show your husband his favor. Proverbs 18:22 says, ‘He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.’ It’s as if God was thinking, ‘How can I help this man as I call him to serve Me? I know. I’ll make ____________, introduce them, and ignite their hearts to yearn to be one. Then I’ll use her as my main channel to show him my favor."**
Pulling it together into a sentence:
As his direct Channel of Favour
Being supportive to our husbands in this call,
means we must be Authentic.
I can't (so won't) promise that we'll go through all the letters of the alphabet - but will do my best to share advice I hear or see...so we grow.  
Sources:
*Advice for ministers' wives from ministers' wives by Grace Clausing: http://www.lifeway.com/ArticleView?storeId=10054&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&article=Advice-for-ministers-wives-from-ministers-wives
**http://www.sovgracepastorswives.com/2009_07_01_archive.html

No comments:

Post a Comment