Monday, July 2, 2012

SPA

Have you ever had a spa? Well, it was an answered prayer for me last year when I got a coupon...in fact it was another confirmation of God's promise in Isa. 65:24: 
"I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!"*
You know, I hadn't even whispered it to anyone - indeed the Word works...

Ok back to our topic...

After that experience, I said I'd like my husband to go for a spa and to go again myself, of course. The more I thought about it, the more desirable it became. Then just before Christmas, the thought occurred to me again and I got it...

Yes, I got the correlation:
God wants me to give myself "Special Pampering Attention"
- that's what the spa experience was all about. I sure felt pampered and cared for. The massage therapist "cared" for me & ensured that I was comfortable. It has been a while since I felt so much attention - from an unknown person (I know she's paid but she did her job rather well) and it left an impression with me.

Today is the 184th day of 2012 - the exact beginning of the 2nd half of this year. I'm sure there is always so much to do - it's almost like an unending "to dos" list - which makes sense because it's only the dead who have nothing to do.

The point is in the midst of your busyness, you need to take the time to give yourself S.P.A. It's all about what you do to and for yourself - the 3 Es: Eat healthy, Exercise regularly and Enjoy God's presence and presents. No one can take care of you better than you can take care of yourself and you need to take care of yourself otherwise you won't be around much longer to do all the things that you may claim are keeping you from taking care of yourself.

Let your "half-year" resolution be to take better care of yourself.
The reason is simple: when you're in good shape, you'll be in great shape to take care of everyone and everything that needs to be taken care of.

Sources:
*NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment