Monday, September 8, 2014

Something is missing...

The first time I saw this a few years ago, I was tickled...nice play with words and letters especially now that we've technologically advanced from shorthand to "short-speak" - yes, just look at texts & tweets and count how many words are complete.

As I pondered on it, I challenged myself and others who go on with the "something is missing" attitude.
I find that it is so easy to talk about all that is "missing" or not being done in our churches. Remember my piece on "Noted?"* Let's go on...

Many questions circle in my mind when the cyclical and circular conversation comes up e.g.:
"How involved are you in your church's current (day-to-day) activities?"
"How willing are you to take on, plan and implement all the great ideas you have?"
"Are you one of those who believes it's always the Pastor (& his wife's) job?"

I know that there are Pastors and Mrs. Pastors that may be seen as not accepting anyone's suggestions but theirs - that's another day's story. However, if things are not going as you (Pastor, Mrs. Pastor or Parishioner - I like that word) would prefer, YOU can do something.
Of course, I know that no one can do everything but anyone can somethingand everyone can pray at anytime about anything. God is not just all-knowing, He's "all-hearing" too.

If you feel something is missing in your church, it's very possible that it's actually that SOMEONE is missing - yes U R. So please step up (to action) or step down (in prayer)...

Reference:
*http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.com/2013/11/noted.html

No comments:

Post a Comment