Monday, February 9, 2015

It has NOTHING to do with it!

You'll need to excuse me as this may come across as venting...I'm simply trying to air an opinion. I guess, vents are used for letting air through - so whatever you consider this to be is ok by me. I'm sure it will also be ok with other Mrs. Pastors who (may) agree with my "opinion."

I'm getting tired of people "cornering" Mrs. Pastors because they are the "Pastor's wife."

From time to time, you hear people, church members, pastors and Mrs. Pastors themselves, talk about what they need or have to do "because they are the Pastor's wife."

The example that readily comes to mind is when Mrs Pastors are almost always required to "make every effort to live in peace with everyone"* because they are the Pastor's wife. Huh?!

The way I see it, obeying that instruction or any other commandment in the Bible for that matter has absolutely NOTHING to do with being Mrs. Pastor. It has everything to do with being a true Christian. I mean why should only Mrs. Pastor have to "make every effort to live in peace with everyone"*? When you read the rest of the verse it says "...and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord."* So it is very evident that God expects all of us, not just Mrs. Pastors, to pursue peace and also live holy lives.

It's really not fair how people pick on Mrs. Pastor; sometimes it feels like bullying and it hurts.
My ask is that people remember that in heaven there are no "Pastors' wives" or "Pastors" even - just Christians. Yes, people who loved God enough to listen to His word and live by it.

I look forward to seeing you in heaven - and living in peace with you here first.

Reference:
* Hebrews 12:14 - Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment