Monday, February 23, 2015

"To be frank..."

Every time I hear that statement or "To be honest..." the question that pops in my head is: "Who/What were you before?"

The "Who" part is my play with words since "Frank" is a male name. J Let's think about it, if someone is always trying to convince you that they are being honest it can make you doubt them if they don't preface anything they want to say with that framing phrase. I'm personally concerned when I hear this in church or Christian gatherings and try to tell those I'm close to.

Matthew 5:37 says
"Say only yes if you mean yes, and no if you mean no [Let your word “yes” be “yes”; your “no” be “no”]. If you say more than yes or no, it [Anything more than this] is from the Evil One.

So even God expects us to be honest at all times without framing phrases.

As I wrote this piece, the Holy Spirit dropped a thought in my heart: imagine if people went around saying "To be a Christian, I do this or that." Or say to their bosses, colleagues or employees, "I'm doing this because I'm a Christian." What would they think whenever the "Christian" doesn't frame their words or actions with that phrase? I can imagine some of them thinking or saying to each other, "maybe this is not a day/time to be a Christian." You see how it's the same concept to me? So please before you say the next "To be frank" or "To be honest" remember this piece and let you last framing phrase be your last one. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment