Monday, April 20, 2015

It doesn't get easier...

...you just get better.

Last year I was looking for some exercise clothes - not as if they can do the exercise for me. Well, I had to smile when I came across a T-shirt that said:
"It doesn't get easier, you just get better"
- then bought it.

Of course it fit perfectly. When I tried it on and read the words again, I felt the Holy Spirit say, "The same thing applies to being Mrs. Pastor." And I couldn't agree more -hence this piece.

Though I have not been a Mrs. Pastor for very long, I've found that (& accepted) the fact that something worked with some people before, doesn't mean that it is a guaranteed solution. The reason is simple - people are complex. I mean people are not just (very)complex but can get very confusing. Imagine what it was like at the Tower in Babel* city after God changed their language - and multiplied the languages. It would have been quite a "babble" in Babel...

These days, our churches comprise people with many languages - varied spiritual, social, psychological dialects too and we're trying to get back to the same language so we can establish God's Kingdom not ours on earth. I know from experience and conversations with other Pastors and Mrs Pastors that it doesn't get any easier. In fact sometimes the question is: "Are we all reading the same Bible?" You can't help but wonder and ask that question when you watch the conduct and conversation of some Christians.

This is why we all need to get better at hearing from the Holy Spirit - Who is always available. I've found that when you put yourself in a position where it's easier to hear the Holy Spirit, without a shadow doubt you get better at dealing with the people God puts around you.


Reference:
*Genesis 11: 4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment