Monday, May 2, 2016

In His Presence there's joy

...what about in yours?


This topic came to my mind when I read this passage a few months ago.  As I started writing this, I remembered that I'd written on the topic before - but let's continue on this one. You can read the previous post* later.

2 Corinthians 7: 5-7 - When we arrived in Macedonia, there was no rest for us. We faced conflict from every direction, with battles on the outside and fear on the inside. But God, who encourages those who are discouraged, encouraged us by the arrival of Titus.
His presence was a joy, but so was the news he brought of the encouragement he received from you. When he told us how much you long to see me, and how sorry you are for what happened, and how loyal you are to me, I was filled with joy! (NLT, emphasis mine)

Notice that this referred to a human being - Titus. So really God expects us to mirror the impact of His presence spelled out in Psalm 16:11

You will show me the path that leads to life; 
your presence fills me with joy and brings me pleasure forever. (GNT, emphasis mine)

It's so easy to say what we expect from God and in His Presence - another verse that comes to mind is Hebrews 4:16
So whenever we are in need, we should come bravely before the throne of our merciful God. There we will be treated with undeserved kindness, and we will find help. (CEV)

The question I had to ask myself was, "As His daughter, can people expect joy, undeserved kindness and even help from me?" Note that I didn't say "As Mrs Pastor" - the reason is simple, as Mrs Pastor, we should be role models of how a Daughter of God conducts herself.

I usually say that we must live our lives such that people are GLAD to see us wherever we go and sad whenever we go not sad wherever we go and glad whenever we go.

'If your presence doesn't make an impact, your absence won't make a difference.' ~ Trey Smith

I pray that many people will find joy, underserved kindness. help and lots more in our presence and from our presents. AMEN


Source:
* http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.com/2015/05/ln-his-presence.html

No comments:

Post a Comment