Monday, January 30, 2017

Avoid the cage

Sometime last year a pastor highlighted this "cage." And it's so true that too many people are "titled" and trapped by their own titles. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about? Well, I'm essentially talking about people who have titled that somewhat "contain" and almost cage them. I won't risk giving examples but I'm sure you'll get it as I continue.



Too sadly I've seen too many Pastors and Mrs Pastors who either sit down during the Praise and Worship segment of the service or who don't "move" as much as they used to before they became "titled." It almost seems as if they feel "entitled" to be non-expressive during such time - actually I'm not sure what the right term for this is.



This came up again after my husband and another Pastoral Couple shared their experience after attending an event. They said that they got almost rude stares from other Pastors when they were very exuberant and expressive in their Praise and Worship of God.


The way I see it, if there's only 1 place that we should be enthusiastic, exuberant and expressive with reckless abandon, it's definitely not when you get a new baby, job, car, promotion or even ordination...it should be in the Presence of God.


We should learn from David. I'm sure we all desire for God to describe us as He described David*...so we must do as David did in 2 Samuel 6


14 And David was dancing before the Lord with great enthusiasm, and David was wearing a linen ephod [a priest’s upper garment].
20 Then David returned to bless his household. But [his wife] Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David and said, “How glorious and distinguished was the king of Israel today, who uncovered himself and stripped [off his kingly robes] in the eyes of his servants’ maids like one of the riffraff who shamelessly uncovers himself!” 21 So David said to Michal, “It was before the Lord [that I did this], who chose me above your father and all his house, to appoint me as ruler over Israel, the people of the Lord. Therefore I will celebrate [in pure enjoyment] before the Lord. 22 Yet I will demean myself even more than this, and will be humbled (abased) in my own sight [and yours, as I please], but by the maids whom you mentioned, by them I shall be held in honor.” 23 Michal the daughter of Saul had no child to the day of her death. (AMP)


I'm sure we have all at one time or the other preached or heard someone preach about how not being forthcoming with your praise will stifle your fruitfulness. God forbid!! So we wrap up the first month of this Year of Complete Restoration, (Pleasant) Surprises and Great Increase, break out of the cage of whatever your title is and praise the One Who alone has kept you alive and sane to even have a title that you can answer to.




Reference:
* Acts 13:22 -  And when He had removed him, He raised up David to be their king: of him He testified and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart [conforming to My will and purposes], who will do all My will.’ (AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment