Monday, February 6, 2017

Public Service Announcement!

Those were the 3 words that dropped in my heart when I saw this picture my dear friend and fellow Mrs Pastor - to another Pastor of course - sent to me.

 

I know from personal experience how easy it is to get caught up in the "Work of the Lord" and cut out spending time with the Lord of the Work and the Word of the Lord of the Work.
Today is the 37th day of this year - 10% of the year is already gone and a good time for a "Pulse-check". The question I have for myself and I'm generously extending to you is "How much time have you (i.e. me) spent in the Work of the Lord vs. with the Lord of the Work?"

A lot of times, we (at least I) feel a pull to be on the "go" doing the work of the Lord - in response to what I call a "Public Service Announcement" whereas maybe the Holy Spirit is simply tugging at my heart to slow down and spend more time with Him. The fact of the matter is if we want to do more for God we need to spend more time with Him. Without Him, we can do nothing* and it is only when we are with Him and He is with us that Acts 10:38 is replicated in our lives:
How God anointed and consecrated Jesus of Nazareth with the [Holy] Spirit and with strength and ability and power; how He went about doing good and, in particular, curing all who were harassed and oppressed by [the power of] the devil, for God was with Him. (AMPC) 
Reference:
* John 15:4 - Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me. (AMPC)

No comments:

Post a Comment