Monday, March 11, 2013

M.O.T.H.E.R. (2)

I initally put this in as one whole posting and realized that it's better to split it so we can remember to celebrate ourselves again - if you didn't in the past week. Even if you did, give yourself permission to celebrate You. You are and bring so much to the world - no one can be a better you than you...

So last week when we started on this, we said that:
 M = Mentor; O = Oracle of God & T = Teacher.
Let's move on to "H.E.R."

Helper: Now this is a somewhat tricky one. To be clear (and safe), let me tie this to Genesis 2:18. Like I've said more than once and most recently last month,* all wives are created to be a help-meet, not a hinderance, to their husbands. So each time we are a help-meet in deed, those in you and your husband's care are helped by extension.
Encourager: This is not the easiest role. I know because there are times when I really don't feel up to it. However, each time I "encourage" myself to encourage others I find that I'm encouraged by the encouragement I've given others. Indeed, I've found that God encourages us so we can encourage others. This role bcomes easier if we're always like David who encouraged himself in the Lord.**
Refuge: Let's be clear, God is our ultimate Refuge - Ps 9:9; 46:1, 7, 11; 91:2, 4, 9 and many other verses confirm that. Now that is clear, think about how you sometimes needed and went to your Mum for "comfort." Talking about my Mum (of blessed memory) reminds me of how God shed light on 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement), Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God.***
We know that "we're not excluded..."**** from the dips & valleys of life.
Nevertheless, whether or not you have gone through what others who come to you have gone (or are going) through, the best thing you can do for them and yourself is point them to our ultimate Refuge and also be a supportive shoulder.

These 2 postings have brought a whole new meaning of the word M.O.T.H.E.R. for me - starting with my family. You'd agree that we need to be all these to our children. As we ("practice" and) succeed with our children, it's easier to be some of these things to others. I pray that God will help you and I fill & fulfill these roles (as appropriate) to those in our circle of influence. God bless and keep us...

References:
*http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.ca/2013/02/hat-or-heart-3.html
** 1 Sam 30: 6 - David was greatly distressed, for the men spoke of stoning him because the souls of them all were bitterly grieved, each man for his sons and daughters. But David encouraged and strengthened himself in the Lord his God. (Amplified)
***Amplified - italics mine
****http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.com/2012/12/we-are-not-excluded.html

No comments:

Post a Comment