Monday, March 4, 2013

M.O.T.H.E.R.

It's that time of year when we celebrate Mothers...and time to celebrate you.

This year is really unique because International Women's Day (March 8th) is just 2 days before the first Mothers' Day of the year (March 10th). As we know, only women can become mothers...so it's a double celebration. Celebrate yourself too.

Just as I typed the first sentence, this thought dropped in my spirit: "No one on earth would have gotten here without a mother - whether or not you know her."

I know that I've said that the fact that you are Mrs. Pastor doesn't make you everyone's mother.* However, that fact does not mean that you cannot be a M.O.T.H.E.R. to those around you. I believe every Mrs. Pastor can & should be a:

Mentor: I know this can be difficult - especially when we may be expected to mentor without having a mentor ourselves. The fact is that, we must be a good example and be willing to guide others in the way of the Lord.
Oracle of God: Letter "O" was a bit challenging. Initially after consulting with another Mrs Pastor, I was going to settle for "Organizer" since that was what she thought of too. However, the more I thought about it, the more unsettled I became. The reason is simple: we have to manage expectations and I sure didn't want anyone expecting us to become their "Event Planners." Now, there is nothing wrong with being an "Organizer" however, I know how easily it can be miscontrued - so the Holy Spirit led me to "Oracle of God." 1 Peter 4:11a tells us:
"Anyone who speaks should speak words from God [or oracles from God; or as one bringing God’s message]"**  
God expects this attribute from every Christian...not only from Mrs. Pastors.
Teacher: We all know who a teacher is. I found it interesting that Wikipedia says that: "The role of a teacher is often formal and ongoing..." A number of successful people attribute their success or perseverance to their parents and their teachers. Some of their teachers said they may not amount to anyone to be reckoned with so they worked hard to disprove them and others had teachers who told them that they could be all they ever dreamed so they dreamt and did all they had to and achieved their dreams. It's my prayer that we'll be the latter type.

This is quite a bit to digest so I will continue on the next 3 letters next week. For now, whether or not you're celebrated this week...do this for me: Celebrate yourself.

Happy M.O.T.H.E.R.'s day!!
Make this weekend one to remember...

To be continued...

References:
* http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.ca/2011/05/whos-mom-are-you.html
**Expanded Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment