Monday, March 25, 2013

Check point...

Wondering what this is about? I didn't say I would but I felt led to check on us.

It's been 3 months* since I wrote about me-time. So how many moments of "me-time" have you had since then? I know that I cannot prescribe how often you should have me-time but I know that once a year doesn't cut it. You'll not only be burnt out - God forbid that you be buried without it being more frequent.

So this is our check-point and please be prepared to stop. Yes, stop and check how you are doing? Personally, I have put it in my calendar - on a particular day each month. You'll know what day/time and frequency works for you. This helped me to be disciplined about it and it has helped me actually take "off" and enjoy my me-time. The challenge is doing my best not to fill it up with all the things I want to do. I've been challenging myself to get better at doing nothing - yes you can imagine how hard it is to do nothing...especially when there is always something to be done - right away. I'm sure you appreciate the "urgency" of things that can wait...

I'm so delighted to share an answered prayer with you. This happened over Christmas. People had been asking me if I had any plans for Christmas. I kept responding (better yet, prophesying) that my family and I didn't have anything planned - and I'd love to leave it that way. Oh it was even better than "nothing" - it was something with a lot of "nothing" and white space within it. We had a "stay-cation" like none other - it was 30 minutes away from our home in the same city. Oh how nice to have such an "easy" packing experience - just jeans and t-shirts!

Although it was a "we-time," I created some "me-time" moments for myself.
With the "busy-ness" of life, it is very easy to get distracted from yourself...

Since December, I succeeded in having my me-time in January - although it almost got cluttered with stuff. From last and this month, I've decided to be really proactive and "sneak in" my me-time from time to time because it's almost as if the fact that I "annonounced" the date to myself, stuff are stifling the "me-time" day out. For instance, weeks before my "me-time" in February, it was evident that I had to attend to other committments on my "me-time" day so I ensured that I had my me-time a week earlier. I have decided to always find and take time for me...irrespcetive of all or what's happening around me.

It truly takes grace to be able to be "quiet" within despite the bustle around you. May the grace of the Lord be with us as we find time for ourselves...God bless

Reference:
*http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.ca/2012/12/the-gift.html

No comments:

Post a Comment