Monday, July 1, 2013

Which type of MUG are you?

You may not be like me or some women I know who have different shapes and sizes of mugs with varying sentimental values. Personally, there are some mugs that I use just because they have not been used in a while. There are some which I only, or mostly, use when I need to host many people. BTW, each family member has a favourite mug - or 2.
 
The bottom line is: "
Every mug I have is useful but not every mug gets used."

You can make a cuppa in one of your mugs as you continue reading...

 
The Bible tells us: But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also [utensils] of wood and earthenware, and some for honorable and noble [use] and some for menial and ignoble [use]. So whoever cleanses himself [from what is ignoble and unclean, who separates himself from contact with contaminating and corrupting influences] will [then himself] be a vessel set apart and useful for honorable and noble purposes, consecrated and profitable to the Master, fit and ready for any good work. (2 Tim 2: 20-21 - Amplified)

Knowing this verse and what happens to the mugs in my home, got me thinking and asking:
"Which type of MUG am I?"

You may want to ask yourself the same question - since here "MUG" stands for:
"Messenger Under God."

If you could ask my mugs, they'd tell you it's a privilege to be in my home :) - but being on the shelf is not enough. It's unfortunate how many of us are content to be MUGs on the Lord's shelf.

This almost feels like "preaching to the choir" however, I feel led to stress this because there have been times when I really want to "be left alone" on the Lord's shelf - in a corner. Sometimes I feel that way because I believe I've been misunderstood or because people have unrealistic expectations of me - and of my husband. Thinking about it made me ask what type of MUG I am. The truth is God expects us to not just be useful but also "positioned" (i.e. available) for His use.

2 Tim 2:21 is clear that we can position ourselves so we are not just useful to God but so that we are used by Him. We must be fit and ready: "God has made us what we are. He has created us in Christ Jesus to live lives filled with good works that he has prepared for us to do." (Eph 2:10 - GWT)

Obey Rom 12: 1-2 - "Dear friends, God is good. So I beg you to offer your bodies to him as a living sacrifice, pure and pleasing. That’s the most sensible way to serve God. Don’t be like the people of this world, but let God change the way you think. Then you will know how to do everything that is good and pleasing to him." (CEV)

As we step into the 2nd half of this year, I pray we position ourselves to remain useful MUGs that are used by God... AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment