Monday, June 1, 2015

Just right!

Whether you met and/or married your husband before or after your became a pastor, one thing is certain: You are just right for him!

The Easy-to-Read Version of Genesis 2:18 confirms that - let's read it together:
Then the Lord God said, “I see that it is not good for the man to be alone. 
I will make the companion he needs, one just right for him.”

This verse is very liberating. Personally, there are times when the demands of ministry drain you and your husband - I know because it happens to us sometimes. At those times, I am tempted to second-guess who I am and whether or not I have what it takes to be and do all God has in His plan for me. The Holy Spirit is always quick to remind me that the Lord doesn't expect me to be "able" and never calls the qualified. God only wants me to be available for His power to work through me as I support my husband in all He's called him to be and do.

And that’s exactly what and all I'll do, so help me God.

I also pray that every Mrs Pastor will realize that she's just right for her Husband-Pastor whether or not everyone else agrees or approves. God said it, I believe it and that settles it!

No comments:

Post a Comment