Monday, June 8, 2015

(Not) for my husband's sake

Have you ever been in a situation where you just want to be left alone? Well I have - more than once. I mean there are times that I can't but wonder what else everyone wants of me - because it sometimes feels that I've given all of myself and it still doesn't seem enough.
Sound familiar?

Now wanting to be left alone is not because you're Mrs. Pastor - as demanding that can be. Sometimes you just need space - space away from being wife, mother, sister, friend etc.

Well, I was thinking about it and asking God for help - one of those times when I was with Him. My first thought was: "Keep doing your best with a smile, girl - for your husband's sake."

As I thought about it some more, I said the reason needs to be bigger than that. I'm not saying that having my husband as my "reason" to be in "Mrs-try" is wrong. He definitely has a big part in my - afterall, he's the main reason why I'm Mrs. Pastor. However, the "real" reason why I "stick with the programme" is because of me - yes me. In all this, I've concluded that I just I have determined to enjoy, my marriage, I will enjoy, not endure, being my pastor's wife.

So as I celebrate the best husband ever, who's not available to any other woman, I'll keep being a REAL* Mrs. Pastor for my sake - and of course for my sanity since I know the secret to a sweet life. It's an open secret: The only way to truly enjoy your life is to do what God has planned** for you. So be a "REAL" Mrs Pastor not for your husband's sake, for yours.


Reference:
* REAL stands for Radiant Exciting Authentic Loving - and many other positive qualities.
Learn more about being a REAL Mrs Pastor @ https://www.facebook.com/#!/DearMrsPastor
** Jer 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment