Monday, April 18, 2016

It hurts...

...but pays
A few months ago, I awakened thinking about humility and Mrs. Pastor then said to myself: "Sometimes it hurts" and decided that I'd write about it. BTW, I know I'm taking a risk...

Like some of the other commands I've written* about, every Mrs Pastor is expected to be humble; actually EVERY Christian is expected to be humble. Ok - back to the topic...


I have experienced, heard of and even seen people being insensitive, rude or outrightly unkind to their pastor’s wife - me included - as if they don't expect her (us) to have any feelings. On the flip side, people expect her to not just be sympathetic but empathetic.  It's a double-bind dilemma - she's supposed to be compassionate & tender-hearted towards other but also tough-skinned & not be overly sensitive about things directed at her. So should Mrs Pastor have feelings or not?


As I leave that question hanging out there, let's look at this verse on humility:

1 Peter 5:5b - You should all have a humble attitude in dealing with each other. “God is against the proud, but he is kind to the humble.” (ERV)
My point of this post is no matter how much it "hurts" we (not just Mrs. Pastors) must remain humble if we want God on our side...and with God on your side, it doesn't matter who's against you, you'll be #MoreThanAConqueror.




Reference:




* http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.com/2013/09/fyi.html

1 comment:

  1. Double bind!! My response as a PW is to remind myself that I need God as oxygen that I breathe for every single situation...
    Romans 8:14 GW Certainly, all who are guided by God's Spirit are God's children.

    ReplyDelete