Monday, October 17, 2016

Thank God for me...

...and for you too

Did you know that the 2nd Sunday in October is Pastor Appreciation Day - though the whole month has been tagged Pastor/Clergy Appreciation Month?

I've written about it more than once* so this time I decided to "Thank God for me...and for you too" on the 3rd Monday of this month with 5 Mondays because we are right in the middle of it all...I know I am.

So I looked around to see if anyone else felt the same way and I found this nice poem by Helen Bush**

When we thank God for our pastor
We must give Him thanks for two,
For when your husband came to us
God also sent us you.
A pastor's wife must be many things,
You have many hats to wear;
And we say thanks for all you do
And lift you up in prayer.
You adjust your life to meet the needs
Of your husband's congregation,
And it seems that you can always cope
With most any situation.
Your presence blesses all of us
Who know you from day to day
As our pastor's wife, you are serving God
In a fine and worthy way.
 
It's wonderful when we are appreciated by others...so let me appreciate all the Mrs Pastors with the picture below. 

Whether or not you willingly "answered" the Call, thank you for sticking to your Marriage Vow "to Have and to Hold" for life i.e. stick with your husband in all areas of life including Ministry. You are a blessing to many people in many more ways than you know...Thank you!!!

References:
* http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.ca/2014/10/appreciating-your-pastor_27.html
http://mrs-pastor-and-pastor-mrs.blogspot.ca/2015/10/service-honour.html

** http://www.my-pastor.com/pastors-wife-poems.html

No comments:

Post a Comment