Monday, October 10, 2016

What are you thankful for?

I spent some time thinking about the piece to publish on Thanksgiving Day so I asked myself: "What am I thankful for?"

Well here's my list of 10 things on this 10th day of the 10th month:
  1. I'm alive - hale and hearty.
  2. My husband and children are alive and hale and hearty.
  3. God caused me to be married to my best friend...who had the courage to answer the Call.
  4. My husband who loves the Lord and is sold out to Him.
  5. My husband who loves the Lord and ensures that our family is well taken care of e.g. encourages me to rest so I don't breakdown or burn-out.
  6. As my husband's wife, I have the pleasure and privilege of meeting and developing relationships with a variety of people - beyond people that I'd meet at work.
  7. The responsibility and privilege of having God's approval vs. people's applause.*
  8. I have come to love more people even better. All the people I come in contact with are not the easiest to like - and God has used that to build my "Love Muscles."
  9. The opportunity of serving and being a blessing to others - even though I'm not the wisest according to human standards.**
  10. I have more than 10 reasons to be thankful...oh so very many more.
As I wrap this up, the timeless song "Count your blessings, name them one by one" comes to mind. Without a doubt, there are "thorns," troubles, tests and tears that come with being Mrs Pastor - there are also VERY many triumphs, "trophies" and testimonies... 
What are you thankful for?

References:
**1 Cor 1: 26-29 - 26 Just look at your own calling, believers; not many [of you were considered] wise according to human standards, not many powerful or influential, not many of high and noble birth. 27 But God has selected [for His purpose] the foolish things of the world to shame the wise [revealing their ignorance], and God has selected [for His purpose] the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong [revealing their frailty]. 28 God has selected [for His purpose] the insignificant (base) things of the world, and the things that are despised and treated with contempt, [even] the things that are nothing, so that He might reduce to nothing the things that are, 29 so that no one may [be able to] boast in the presence of God. (AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment